B) Drawing the Grid


Introduction

Grid drawing is a means to an end.  In other words, you should have an idea of the artwork that you want to create and then make a grid drawing.  For example, in my pastel lessons I am making a pastel picture of the concept of "Innocent".  So, I did a thumbnail sketch for it (shown below):

 
I went on Pinterest and searched for images that are similar to my thumbnails sketch.  For example, I looked on Pinterest for a girl holding a teddy bear.  Instead of finding a girl with a teddy bear, I found a girl holding a cloth doll.
 
I only wanted her head and shoulders in my thumbnail, with the doll/teddy bear being larger.  I used Photoshop to zoom into the girl and to put a grid onto the picture.
I used this grid picture of the girl and make a grid on a 15"x22" watercolor paper.  
 
Use the following video to help you create your grid.
Assignment


Create your grid on the 15"x22" watercolor paper.  This assignment is worth 5 marks.